MS in Clinical and Translational Research
The Master of Science degree program in Clinical and Translational Research is designed to provide clinical professionals (physicians, nurses and other terminal degree clinical professionals) with the necessary preparation for successful career development and independent investigator awards. The program is managed and degree granted through the UC Department of Environmental Health.
The program emphasizes specific training in clinical epidemiology/clinical effectiveness, molecular epidemiology, clinical trials, and translational research that will enable clinicians to translate scientific advances into applications for improved clinical practice and human health. The disciplinary purpose and ultimate goal of the program is to move practitioners from the realm of personal clinical experience to objective evidence.
The MS in Clinical and Translational Research program is a 30 credit hour program designed to be completed in 2 years on a part-time basis to allow trainees to meet clinical duties and other responsibilities while enrolled in classes. In addition to the successful completion of 30 credit hours of course work, a thesis is required to earn the Master of Science degree.
Successful graduates of the program will leave with the epidemiological and statistical knowledge to conduct independent and collaborative clinical studies in their special areas of practice and interest. It is anticipated that most graduates of the program will hold positions as clinician-investigators in academic settings and will develop into independently-funded clinical researchers.
- A Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research (10 credit hours) is also offered.
- Details on institutional tuition remission/reimbursement policies.
- UC news release on the MS and Certificate in Clinical and Translational Research, March 2015
- For more information, visit the MS in Clinical and Translational Research Website
- Other graduate programs in biomedical sciences at UC and Cincinnati Children's
Become a Member