An NIH Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) was awarded to the Center for Clinical and Translational Science and Training (CCTST) of the University of Cincinnati and partners Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati Veterans Affairs Medical Center and UC Health on April 1, 2009 and renewed for 4 years in 2015. The goals of the CCTST Community Engagement program are to:
- improve relationships between academic researchers and community members
- engage community physicians in research and translation of evidence-based practice
- train researchers in community-engaged research and educate community members in order to build capacity and an understanding of the benefits and risks of research involvement
- more information about the Community Engagement Core
Call for Nominations: 2019 CCTST Community Advocacy, Partnership and Research Awards!
The CCTST Community Advocacy, Partnership and Research Awards honor excellence in leadership, collaboration, and health promotion in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region. Deadline for nominations is Thursday, November 14, 2019. Winners and nominators will be notified by early December. Awardees will be recognized at an upcoming CCTST Speaker Series and Awards Ceremony.
Categories for these awards include:
- Community Health Advocate Award
- Academic-Community Research Partnership Award
- Academic-Community Partnership Student Award
- Practice-Based Research Award
Click here for the Call for Nominations application form for complete details.
Questions? Please contact Stacey Gomes (email@example.com) or 513-803-0917.
Community Engagement Grants and Trainings
- 2020 Request for Proposals (RFP) are now available. Visit the CHG/PDG webpage for the RFPs and additional details.
- Letter of intent (LOI) due December 2, 2019
- Final proposals due February 5, 2020
- Grantees notified May 2020
- Grant project and budget period: July 1 2020 - June 30, 2021
- Please contact Stacey Gomes at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-803-0917 if you have questions or need additional information.
The 2020 CLI class will take place 5 consecutive Fridays from February 21, 2020 - March 20, 2020. Classes will take place at Interact for Health.
Applications are due by Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at midnight. Visit the CLI webpage for more details.
- Join the CCTST Community Engagement Core for an information session on Thursday, October 17, 2019 from 3:30-5:00 at Interact for Health.
- The information session will discuss and review the funding and training opportunities, explain application requirements and deadlines, clarify the application review process, and hear testimonials from graduates and past grantees. Click here for more details.
Get Involved with Community-Engaged Research
- Get Connected to Research: Volunteer for Studies at our Health Institutions
- Request Help With Your Community-Based Project
- Nominate a deserving individual or organization/agency for an award: The next deadline for nominations is TBD
- Attend an Event
- Learn More about Healthcare Providers in Practice-Based Research Networks
- Participate in an Ongoing Study