REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) is a secure, web-based application designed exclusively to support data capture for research studies, allowing users to build and manage online surveys and databases quickly and securely. REDCap provides: 1) an intuitive interface for data entry (with data validation); 2) audit trails for tracking data manipulation and export procedures; 3) automated export procedures for seamless data downloads to common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, Stata, R); and 4) procedures for importing data from external sources.
When you submit a request to use REDCap, a REDCap consultant will review your project with you and help determine whether it is a research use, or a non-research use and therefore which rules apply to protection of patient information.
Advantages of REDCap
- Availability · Available at no direct cost for CCTST members.
- Secure and web-based · Input data from anywhere in the world over secure web connection with authentication and data logging.
- Fast and flexible · Conception to production-level database in less than one day.
- Multi-site access · REDCap projects can be used by researchers from multiple sites and institutions.
- Autonomous utilization · Research groups have complete autonomy and control to add new users.
- Export data to common data analysis packages · Exports raw data and syntax files for SAS, Stata, R and SPSS.
- Fully customizable · You are in total control of shaping your database.
- Advanced features · Mid-study modifications, auto-validation and branching logic.
- REDCap Consortium (national website)
- local REDCap website (and log-in for existing users)
- CCTST REDCap brochure (rev. 07/16)